Here we go again! The spookiest time of the year to put your pumpkin carving skills to the test. Wondering what to do with all that “Jack O Lantern” flesh? How about sneaking it in a hearty warm breakfast?
- 1.5 cup of milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cooking oat bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoon Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 nutmeg
- Steam pumpkin until a bit tender, blend and set puree aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin purée, egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Pour one scoop of the batter onto your preheated and lightly oiled skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes.
- When bubbles form, the pancake is ready to be cooked on the other side for about another minute.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5
Enjoy with a drizzle of good quality maple syrup or honey!